FAIR GO POLICY
1. ABOUT THIS POLICY
This Fair Go policy has been created so that Vaya can continue to provide high quality low cost mobile services to all of our customers.
Service means the telecommunication service provided by Vaya Pty Ltd and Vaya Communications Pty Ltd (together, “Vaya“) provides for Postpaid and Prepaid customers.
3. PERSONAL USE
All of our Vaya products and services are for personal use only (see the terms and conditions which apply to each product and service). Personal use means that an individual person uses our products and services only for private use and in a manner which is reasonable and acceptable. Use of Vaya services for business purposes, including carrying out the operations of large groups and organisations – falls outside personal use and is prohibited.
4. UNREASONABLE USE
Unreasonable use occurs where usage activity materially adversely affects any part of Vaya’s network or Vaya’s host carrier’s network or adversely affects the ability of other Vaya customers to use a service, where a service is used in connection with a device that switches or reroutes calls to or from any part of Vaya’s network or any part of Vaya’s host carrier’s network, or where we have reason to believe that a product or service is being used for fraudulent purposes.
Some examples of unreasonable use of our service include but are not limited to:
- leaving a call connection open for purposes unrelated to making a call, or in an unattended state for a prolonged period of time e.g. as a baby monitor or a home or mobile broadband replacement
- using the service in a way which could not be reasonably regarded as ordinary personal use
- using our service for mass distribution to a large number of recipients
- using our service to provide call centre services, to carry out telemarketing, for back to base services, wholesaling any service, SIM boxing, arbitrage or for other business use
- misuse of free calls or texts to Vaya’s 321 voicemail number
- the use of calling cards, dialling applications or apps, or VoIP services, where the call is switched or re-routed to another destination, service or number
- calling 13xx or 18xx numbers to make indirect calls through other providers.
5. UNACCEPTABLE USE
Unacceptable use of our service is improper interference with another person’s use of our service, use for an illegal or unlawful purpose or use of any equipment or device (including SIM cards) which have not been approved by us.
Some examples of unacceptable use of our service include but are not limited to:
- providing us with false user information
- sending unsolicited or unwanted commercial electronic messages
- gaining improper access to another person’s private or personal information
- distributing or making available indecent, obscene, offensive, pornographic, illegal or confidential material
- defaming, harassing or abusing anyone or violating their privacy
- contravening any applicable law
- communicating with emergency service organisations without an emergency
- distributing or making available material that is misleading or deceptive as to your identity
- infringing any person’s intellectual property rights, including copyright
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorisation of the owner of the network or system to do so
- obtaining or attempting to obtain unauthorised access to any computer, system or network
- seeking to compromise the security or interfere with the operation of our service or any other computer, system or network.
6. BREACH OF FAIR GO POLICY
If you use a Vaya product or service in breach of our Fair Go Policy, we may contact you and ask you to stop, or change your usage. If you have used or continue to use the service or product in a way which we consider to be in breach of our Fair Go Policy, we reserve the right to remove features from your service or product or to suspend or terminate your service immediately without notice.